A Day in Ipoh ...

Suppose to post this long ago one .. but you know lah .. I always got excuse to run away from posting entries ... hehehehe. Took me quite a while to select and edit the pictures from what I've taken in Ipoh. Most of the pictures I like, but not all the pictures are good, that's why it took me so long to do this entry ... hehehe, paiseh.



This trip was planned when I was talking about foods with LB and May and Jomel in one of our hangOuts 2 weeks back. So after confirmations and preparations, we are the way to Rock !!! In Ipoh !!! yeah ~ Actually for food hunting. As LB keep on reminding me how good was the food in Ipoh and .... seriously that's dead tempting. hehehehehe. So ... More information here, here...



On the Way ...

First stop Bidor. Out of no where Jomel remind us about the tasty Ngap Tui Min in Midor, and there we go.... Zheng lah .... Hou Hou sek ah ......
Chen Bao. You wont miss this shop when you reach Midor. Order yourself Kon Lou Ngap Tui Min and White Coffee, and be satisfied. Hou Hou sek ah ...Also, get some biskuts here as you want don't want to spend more time in Ipoh as you can all the HiQuality biskuts back to KL or anywhere as souvenir or gifts or anything else ...


Another angle another feel of the same shop.Old School Tiang with OldSchool feel .... I'm Loving it.
Not just another Kon Lou Min like everywhere else. Should be some home-made-special sauce or something. And the mee also, even after you leave it there for while, and it won't harden and stick together. It maintain the softness and tenderness till the last bite of it. Must try ....

THe Infamous Ngap Tui Min. Whole Duck leg double steamed with lots of chinese herbs that bring out fantastic aroma and the herds which is really good for human body. Duck meat are so soft and tender that it almost melt when you put it in your mouth, minimal chewing required to consume. Ah .... Fantastica !

Old-school Signboards you'll see hanging around everywhere in Midor, small old town, clear sky and warm people. I can feel that everyone is smiling at me.

Pictures I like most, among those I took in Bidor...



So after the great meal we continue our journy to Ipoh.... And all along the way...
This is what you'll see. Clear blue sky ... Nice cloud formations ... I think I fall asleep twice in the car ....





Skip the part we reach our Hotel ler, unpacking and peeing and shitting are nothing much to talk about ... or maybe not...

View Of Ipoh town from hotel room ...




So after all the peeing and shitting and chatting in the hotel room, we cant tahan the hunger already and continue hunting for good food, where pratically nothing taste bad in Ipoh I guess, as you won't see and restaurants or food stall not packed with humans.... And I wonder too ... How can Ipoh with so many Leng Lui even with all the good food, or rather how they do their diet ??? ......hhmm....
And we come to this shop called Tin Jun to continue our journey. Small stalls inside with varies types of food. Like Poh Piah. Seriously I never tried any Poh Piah this good before. Not Sabah, not KL, not PJ, certainly not in Ikano. The outer skin was so thin you wont even notice it was there in you mouth. I think the have dried shrimps inside to bring out more taste and to make it very chrunchy. Nice ....
Unforgettable meat balls. They have Pork, beef, fish, pork tenderloin and beef tenderloin. I live the beef ones, little bit of ginger to cover up the "seng mei" ... nice touch.
"Fried Ice Cream ????? Meh Lei Geh ???" Yeah ... Jomel's expression when we told her what is Fried IceCream. Well, it's ice-cream wrapped with some flour and deep fried in really really really hot oil for seconds. A bite of it and you feel both hot and cold in once ... Zheng ah !!!!


Some cakes and biskuts being displayed in the glass shelf... Nice hor, pity I cant fill more in my stomach that day ler ... :(



......

At night what we do ??? Makan lah ofcoz ... You don't want to waste time doing anything else in Ipoh, coz you just simply dun want to miss any food in Ipoh. Seriously, anything looks good and tasty to me .... Am I getting fatter now ???
Nga Choi in Wong Kei. Yes, they have a few shops here selling Nga Choi Gai, and all claim to be the best in wown, but who cares. Anything will do as long as its Ipoh Nga Choi Gai, right ? Do I still need to say more bout Nga Choi Gai ? hehehe.....
And we are so smart. We didnt fill up our stomach coz we want to save some compartment for the rest of the Food Hunt. Next door, Lou Ju Yoke ! Yeah !!! I am not sure how to say "Lou" in Angmoh, but I think is boil in think sauce to some time ... I guess, hehhehe. Anyway. GOOD !!! GOOD GOOD !!! Am I saying GOOD to much already ? Not yet ...
Not Too much of GOOD... never too much okay ? This is the place we had Ju Chap Juk. Mixed Pig Internal Organs Porridge. Doesnt sound good meh ? Wait till you have a bowl of it ...
Dunno how to describe. Porridge are not too waterry, not too thick. Taste ... smooth and filling. The meats are cook just nice, some deep fried and boiled in the porridge, so the flavor are mixed in the porridge... ZHENG AH !!!!

And the next morning ......


How can we go Ipoh and didnt go Fo San !!! And yes !!! We been there for the DimSums .... GOOD ! But I just want to complain abit ler, so un-civilize waiting behind people for table, stuffy and hot, took so long for the Har Gau, and, no electricity for 30mins. Fantastic...

What do you think ? Dim Sum, major ingrediants can be pork and prawns, ration and methods of preparing varies from shop to shop. Fu San punya, damm good...
One of the favorite dish. Prawns with a little bit of pork wrapped in translucent layer of flour. Steam to perfection of seeing the ingredients thru the thin layer of flour, and how can you resist ? I can't and i ate at least 4 biji of that. hehehe
Lor Mai Gai, glutinous rice steam with chicken and muchrooms and some special sauce. Soft on the rice, chewy on the mushroom and tender chicken piece. Quite filling, so dun eat too much else you can eat other DimSums ...
Dan Tart. Need great skill to make it tasty. The egg in the middle must soft and smooth, smoother than pudding is a must. The out part which is the "cake" that holds the filling, must be chrunchy, chewy means failure. If i am hungry i can eat 6~7 of that, not hungry maybe 2. hehehehe.
Some Classin Chinese Tea Cup. In chinese, tea drinking is an art, is the art to sit down and relex, is the art of getting together with friends. But I think I am too young to learn that yet, right ?



Ofcoz no one can have enuff Ipoh White Coffee, and we proceed to another shop for more coffee, we are just so addicted to coffee.
They a fantastic way to deliver the coffee to the customers, like carry stacks of beers liddat. Cool ... I even have LOMO version of that ...




Classic, yellowish stain and you can tell how old is the place. I dun think the stuff can rememer when is the last time the clean it up.




Some other pictures I took in Ipoh and I love them so much ... Just to share with you all. Can you feel the word "Classic" from the pictures ?

Halen's Goldie

Corridoor

Black and White








Ipoh, one of the old city that I dun think I will ever have enuff. Love the people there so warm so friendly, love the atmosphere there so clean and so quite, love that my mom is from Ipoh... And I will be back for more...

20 Comments:

  1. Dai Sotong-san said...
    ahTak, tarima kasih for promote my hometown..kekeke. Want to eat NICE FOODS...go IPOH, you wont regrets
    AhTak said...
    DaiSotong:
    Wei !!! So fast ??!?!?!?? hehehehe .... Ipoh, everywhere good food, everywhere Leng Lui ... wah .... Zheng ah !!!
    titoki said...
    Ask you to tapau for me and you don't tapau. Excuses dor-dor. Now you want me to lick the monitor screen ka?! Make me salivating like a dog only. KNN.

    *slap your forehead*
    c a r c a r said...
    OMG OMG!!!

    u can turn very ordinary things to extra ordinary nice photo!

    good job ahtak! sincerely, all your photo taken are superb!

    like the black frame too.

    nice nice!!~

    glad that my mom is frm Bidor :P hehe...
    King's wife said...
    love your pictures..and I will be back for more...
    Anonymous said...
    your photos make me want to go to Ipoh again and have all that great food! mmmm, I could just taste the ngar choy kai... the har kau... the crunchy popiah... mmmm...
    Cocka Doodle said...
    The 2nd last picture...that guy like walking with a 'tai choon doy' like that.

    Beautiful shots. I love them especially the last 2.
    AhTak said...
    titoki:
    TaPao ? Actually got one ... I just beh tahan and finish in the car already .. hehehhe

    carcar:
    Thanks !!! I just love taking pictures, don't I ? Will be there again soon ... Will be more pictures by then ....

    King'sWife:
    Please do come back for more ~ and update your blog too ... SO LONG NO UPDATE !!!

    SimpleAmerican:
    Come come ... Chinese DimSum are unbeatable, somemore Ipoh ones, unforgettable ~ hehehehe

    LittleAhMay:
    the fried ice-cream, the Ju Zap Juk, the Tan Tart ..... hhhmm.....

    Cocka:
    OOHH !!! You like tai choon doy one !!! Now I know already !!!!!
    L B said...
    Wa, what an epic POST!!! Great descriptions! Terrific photography! Amazing Travel Brochure!!! Well done, Mr AhTak! AhTak, AhTak, all your fault we put on so much weight... but, where the hell is the Salted AYAM?!!!!
    Samm said...
    Wah, those pics, makes the food look really really good and tasty. I've never really taken a close look at those stuffs before tho i've been eating them since young. U really do wonders with that PAHWERFUL 6mp Nikon of yours, huh. Come to Ipoh again lah, one day. Do call ah......

    Pls email my pics to myorganiclife@gmail.com

    lb - aiyoh, u guys missed the Yim-guk-gai ah.... what a waste. I had those for Malcolm fullmoon packages and everyone was raving about them. I feel so like going out to get one now...... damn.
    国源 said...
    hehehe..i saw many food..ur life so nice!! can go anywhere u wan..take so many photograph,really enjoy..!!
    Anonymous said...
    wahhhhh..i dunno wat to say oredi....the food...fuhhh...dem mengancam...nvm..next thursday..my turn pulak...kekkekkke...ipoh..here i come....
    Unknown said...
    wui , looks nice .. why didn't bring me go?
    Chen said...
    Nice photos
    everything here looks good
    I should pay a visit to Ipoh soon :)
    L B said...
    Dear Samm,
    No liao, we did not miss the Yim Kuk Kai!!! We tapaued them back! No space in Ipoh. But no sign of Salted Ayam in here! Just kicking AhTak's backside for missing that. LOL
    AhTak said...
    LB:
    Thank you !!! Me also kena lah ...... I think at least 3KG extra after came back ... haih ... Swimming or Jogging faster ah ???

    samm:
    Gotcha !!! First time seeing you name in my comment box !! hehehe Happy Happy ~ send you the pictures once after editing abit ~!!!

    KY:
    Yaler, go everywhere eat alot and become fatter and fatter ~ Ui ! You when want to play basketball ???

    eve:
    Get some ENO in your purse ..... just in case ... hehehehe

    TS:
    Ask Awong to organize a trip for us lah ~ He knows the way to get good food !!!

    Chen:
    Yes, you should. And I am waiting for the pictures you'll bring back from Sabah, can bring more pictures back ah ? I miss home so much ....

    LB:
    Haiyer ~~~ beh tahan the Yim Guk Gai ler ~ All gone sapu by me and my gf and her housemate and housemate's bf ~~ Cleaned before I can take out the camera ~ hahahaha
    Anonymous said...
    ahTak, wow, i m amazzed by yr shots. i mean, those r classics! a cheer to u. u got me as my mentor.

    ke.a..tix
    AhTak said...
    Keatix:
    Thanks !!! Wah ~~~~~ metor ah ??? Mm Gam Dong ... Mm Gam Dong .... I do hope you like seeing my pictures and do come back always ~
    Chen said...
    sure sure..
    in two months time :)
    seefei said...
    great photography... i like the way you frame those pix & the good use of depth of field.

    i am from ipoh but never see it the way you do.

    syabas!

Post a Comment




 

Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.