Last last week, last week I had Korean Cuisine with my gf in some small restourant somewhere Desa Sri Hartamas. Actually I never fancy about korean Food, at least I won't go dine in any on my own will. First I don't eat spicy food, which is a NO to KimChi, and I don't eat vege which Korean Food will have alot of vege as side dishes that I will show you later, also I don't like to use metal chopsticks. Not to say Korean Food are not good, just not to my taste ler. Like I love Japanese Food not all of you too, right ? hehehe. Anyway. The restourant that gf bought me to changed my ming about korean food ( not totally, I still hate KimChi and Vege ). The BBQ Meat....




Standard Layout of Korean Cuisine in any Korean Restourant. Hell alot of side dishes that you may refill as much as you want. Dishes are served differently everyday. You might have the same side dish on the next visit. That day we are served KimChi, KimChi fry with Vege, Fried Vege, Fresh Uncook Vege, Preserved Vege, Vege Salad, Clams, Preserved Egg, and Fried Touke. Can see the amount of vege? Now you know why I dun like Korean Food ?


BBQ Pork ribs. Marinated in some really good tasted self-made sauce to extreme. Marinated as is meat are soaked in the sauce for a good amount of time so the taste of the sauce will blend into the meat and hence give the meat some extra flavor or to enhance the flavor of the meat. The idea of doing that is to maintain the flavor even if the sauce went away while you BBQ it. If the meat are not marinated nicely, the meat will be tasteless and hard, like eating rubber.



Good Charco also plays a very important role. Normal/Standard/Cheap/not ignited well Charo will not have the heat hot enuff to cook the meat in a short amount or time, let the meat be heated on the pan for too long means the lost of juice and flavor, which also means the meat will be very old ( chewy ), that you might spent up whole night chewing the same piece of meat.


Waitress are well-trained that they know how to follow the speed of yours. They will know when is the time to put in the meat and cut into small peices so you dont need to wait too long in between 'chews', they will keep you chewing from the moment the side dishes are served till desert. It's a pain in the ass looking at the meat but have to wait till they are cook right ? I have to say thier timing is perfect. Becasue everyone have a different 'timing' on eating. Some damm fast like rushing for Wedding, some so slow like snail liddat, so it's very important for the chef/waitress to estimate the 'timing'. Any experiance of waiting too long for the dishes to arrive on the table and you want do turn around the table? ? Or the dishes are served too fast that it all went cold when you eat when you finish the first and want to go for the next? Timing ....



KimChi Toufu served in Hot Pot. Well, can't say much since I dun like it. But my gf tell me that. You can tell if the korean Restourant are good by thier KimChi, which I find very true. KimChi is the national food that Korean will have it for breakfast, lunch, dinner supper, as snack. So if a Korean Restaurant can have a good taste on KimChi, what would you expect on other food ?

5 Comments:

  1. rainbow angeles said...
    i like korean food.

    talking abt jap food, the other day i saw in the papers, this M'sian HVD actress, Angela Chan Mei Ngor (lei seik khui mou?) just opened a Jap. restaurant at Palm Spring Damansara, called Ozen (or Onzen) Restaurant... u go try and then do review ok?? Hehe...
    AhTak said...
    Chan mei Ngor? I know ah ... no wonder I saw her buying things in Ikea and going in and out from the new Japanese restaurant near PalmSpring ler... See lah, got chance I go there and test test, hehehehhe. Not the boss that's important, is the Chef ~
    Anonymous said...
    hmmmm...i want korean food again le, can ar~~~~ ^^
    AhTak said...
    Jaclynn:
    Hhmm..... Next Next weekend ok mou? Coming weekend we not free mah ~ hehehehe
    Anonymous said...
    Everything done well.. informations on location and such Just lack of information on the restaurant.. the tel???!!!

Post a Comment




 

Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.