過冬

Today is a big day to all chinese thru-out the world ~ We call it "過冬".
Is the day when everyone in the family will sit together and have dinner, meaning that every member of the Wong family will join the dinner. 4uncles, 6 aunties plus my dad, that will be 11 smaller families... no kidding man, that's alot of Wongs.
過冬 means the family re-uion...


Normally my grandma and all the mothers in Wongs will make some 汤圆, some round shaped flour-balls, looks something like this:
(Picture not taken by AhTak)
bolied together with some chickens, sometimes pork, and with some vege ( which i really hate it).

and also something this:

(Picture also not taken by AhTak)

I don't remember when is the last time i had dinner with my family for "過冬" already. Been "out" for almost 5~6 years, meaning not living with my family. And the worse is, my parents will call me up on these kind of festival or events to tell me what kind of dishes my mom made, who was there for dinner, lots of fun they are having and all that, damn sad ler. Staying alone outside and all the friends have no time to accompany me, since they all have "home" to go..... damm sad ler, for the first time my mom did that i actually cried, after she hung up. But now I am kind of get used to it already. After so many year being "alone", I guess i better get used to it, I am not gonna cry again when my call me on big days and tell me that they are having fun right ?

I Miss my family so much...



白居易
邯郸驿里逢冬至,抱膝灯前影伴身。
想得家中夜深坐,还应说著远行人。

5 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    that's looks tasty really...
    make me home sick man, hehehe..
    L B said...
    Yup, agrees with soo hoe, very drool drool.. and also agree with you missing festivals with family really can be teruk, and then after awhile, not so much, and then some more after awhile, miss less, until one day, you don't miss at all, and that's really the worst. So keep on missing a lot.
    AhTak said...
    Yah man ... "to miss" is good... missing is that you still remember... missing is that you "still" have something to miss ...

    I miss my family so much ...
    ZMM said...
    why must you 抱膝灯前影伴身?
    You can always go and join them right?

    Where do they live? No bus or plan can take you there?

    Are you going to spend CNY alone also?
    AhTak said...
    no ler, coz my friends here in KL have thier own family to re-union with mah... not nice to kacau them.. hehehe

    CNY ah? ?? hell no !!! Am going back Sabah and get alot of great pictures for you guys !! hehehehe... 3 more weeks to go.... cant wait liao ~ hehehhe

Post a Comment




 

Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.